Five tips to prepare for home ownership in 2012
Trulia just released an article entitled '5 Things To do NOW if You Want to Buy a Home in 2012' that I thought was incredibly informative. I have decided to summarize these 5 recommended actions for you, but feel free to read the whole article here: http://www.trulia.com/blog/taranelson/2011/12/5_things_to_do_now_if_you_want_to_buy_a_home_in_2012?ecampaign=cnews201112C&eurl=www.trulia.com%2Fblog%2Ftaranelson%2F2011%2F12%2F5_things_to_do_now_if_you_want_to_buy_a_home_in_2012
5 Things To Do NOW If You Want to Buy A Home In 2012:
1. Check your credit: decide on a lender and set up a meeting to discuss your financial situation and your credit report. Better to discover problems now and have them resolved ina few months than to discover a problem when you are ready to make an offer.
2. Do your research: In other words, educate yourself and prepare to make a big decision. One of my goals with MyProvoHome.com is to help educate all of my clients so that they can be better prepared to make educated decisions. Learn the difference between Equity Listings, Short Sales, Bank Owned and For Sale By Owners. Discuss the option of buying a new home, buildinga custom home, or buying an already existing used home. Decide what area, criteria and price range best suite you.
I will do my best to assist my clients in these areas, but I cannot make decisions for them. Part of your recommended research is choosing a good agent and loan officer. Hopefully Mike Christensen and I are given the chance to earn your business and show you why our businesses receive so many referrals from past clients.
3. Fluff up your cash cushion: Save up for both your down payment AND extra cash just in case. The more down, generally the better your loan, and the more you save up, the greater your peace of mind. Cash in your bank account makes big decision time less stressful.
4. Shed some stuff: Start preparing for the big move by getting rid of stuff that is no longer needed or used. If you do it right, you might be able to 'fluff up the cash cushion' at the same time. Make the joy of owning a new home more enjoyable by making the move a less stressful task.
5. Sit very, very still (your credit): Don't make any major purchases or cause any hits to your credit until after you have closed on your home. This is probably not a good time to apply for a credit card, buy a new car on credit or to start racking up credit card debt. But once you close on your new home, well, have at it (not recommended).
Blog Archive2017-05-16 23:10:54
'Wonder Woman' Confirmed Seat Reservations List
6th Annual Easter 'Egg'stravaganza April 15th!!
6th Annual ESPN Bracket Challenge $2500 in prizes!
Easter Event (2017) Registration Confirmation
Open House, Seminar, Easter Event and more!
FREE Real Estate Seminar & Workshop!
2017 1st Quarter Current Market Analysis and Trend
THANK YOU from our Sub for Santa Families
Star Wars Rogue One Event Photos!
Sub for Santa Delivery Schedule!
Star Wars: Rogue One Client Appreciation Event!
Star Wars: Rogue One - Confirmed Seat Reservations
Appreciation Event: PHOTOS WITH SANTA!
Our SUB-4-SANTA families and fundraiser for 2016!
Upcoming Events, Market Update, new Team Member
2nd Quarter 2016 Market Analysis and Results
Seat Reservation List - Finding Dory- Updated 6/14
2016 1st Quarter Market Analysis
Seat Reservation List - 'Finding Dory'
Seat Reservation List - 'Captain America'
Winners of our 5th annual Bracket Challenge!!
Tournamnet Challenge Bracket Update 3/21
Easter Event Fundraiser for the Dunn Family
5th Annual Easter 'Egg'stravaganza Event!
Pizza and Egg Stuffing Paty
Click here to see ALL articles.