Welcome to the TheFieldsTeam.com Blog
Upcoming Events, Market Update, new Team Member
Upcoming Client Appreciation Events:
Here is a list of our planned upcoming events. Be sure to check your emails or our Facebook page for updates and details on these events:
1) Thanksgiving Pies for Past/Current Clients and Supporters (Nov) – we are planning to buy several hundred pies to give to our clients and supporters the weekend before Thanksgiving.
2) Sub-4-Santa(Oct through Dec) – We plan to choose 4 or 5 families in October for our Sub-4-Santa efforts and will be requesting your recommendations for the most deserving families in need. Once chosen, we will ask for your help to provide Christmas for them and will collect a list of specific needs and wants for each individual.
3) Pre-Opening Showings of “Star Wars: Rogue One” (Dec) – We are planning on reserving 2 or 3 theaters with a total of 500 to 700 seats for this highly anticipated pre-opening showing. Priority for seat reservations will be given to those who have used our services in the past 3 years or referred us business during that time. After that, we will open it up to all past clients and supporters.
4) Home Buying Seminar (Feb 2017) – Our annual home buying seminar for the new year before the home buying season arrives. Covering market and interest rate trends, financing, strategies, home buying process, etc. A must for first time home buyers, home buyers who haven’t purchased a home in several years and those who are new to Utah.
5) Easter “Egg”stravaganza (March 2017) – Our 6th annual Easter Event! We will have on-line registration for this event this year to avoid the issues of the previous event (thank you ksl.com and other places for announcing it as a free public event). Activities will include
6) Pre-Opening Showings of “Wonder Woman” (June 2017) – For all the amazing super hero women in our lives, we couldn’t pass up the opportunity! We may do this as a pre-Opening showing (2 seats) or a Saturday matinee family movie (4 seats). We will take a vote as we get closer.
7) Pre-Opening Showings of “Star Wars Episode VIII” (Dec. 2017) – We know you are excited about it so just plan on being there in 16 months!
There are more for 2017 that will be announced as the time gets closer, including Parade of Homes tickets for Utah Valley, Salt Lake County and Park City and lots of other giveaways and events. We are so grateful for our clients, friends and supporters and want you to know how appreciative we are! It should be an amazing and fun 16 months!
The market seems to have settled into the fall pattern of the last several years, with high in demand, turn-key ready homes still turning over quickly, but other homes sitting on the market a little longer until priced right.
Most of the appreciation for the year has likely already occurred for most properties and markets but we expect another jump in values early in 2017 (we are watching the election, federal reserve and global economy very closely).
2016 Interest Rate Trends:
Interest Rates are still hovering at historical lows and is one of the driving forces in this market:
**Click on this link to view the updated interest rate chart released August 25th by Freddie Mac: http://www.freddiemac.com/pmms/images/pmms_chart.jpg**
We just had a client/buyer close last week with a 2.75% interest rate on a 15 year fixed mortgage! Many of us or our parents bought homes with a mortgage at 10% or 12% and as high as 18% interest rates in the 1980's, and as high as 8% in the 2000's! 5 or 10 or 20 years from now, we will tell people about locking in a rate around 3.5% (or less) on a 30 year mortgage and they won't believe us!
Rates around 3% are a HUGE DEAL! Just a difference of 1 point, between 3.5% to 4.5%, on a $300,000 mortgage, is a difference of $3,000 per year IN JUST INTEREST, or $250/month IN JUST INTEREST (you can get a pretty decent car for this amount)! So for those of you joking about wanting to buy a home if the Sellers will throw in their car too, well this is basically the same thing!
It is still my opinion, that if you are planning to own a property for over 5 years, you are better off over-paying for a property by a percent or two and locking down a historically low interest rate than to negotiate a great deal on a property a year from now with a likely much higher interest rate (and after the home has appreciated in value).
With the continued shortage of housing in most of the Wasatch Front, you are almost guaranteed to be much better off buying this year than waiting until 2017.
New Marketing, Technology and Showing Specialist on The Jared Fields Team:
We are thrilled to announce that Jenn Rider has joined The Jared Fields Team as a Marketing, Technology and Showing Specialist! She has experience as the 'Inside Sales Associate' on a top producing real estate Team in Salt Lake County and has been licensed for several years. She will take over the marketing of listings, improving our presentations, flyers and on-line presence and systems and assisting with showings during the evenings and weekends. We are so excited to have her on our Team and she will be a huge asset and value to all of our clients!
If you are considering buying a home in the next 12 months, be sure to let us know so that we can set you up to receive new listings that match your criteria as soon as they hit the market. In a hot market like we have here throughout the Wasatch Front, this is the only way to find, see and have a shot at the hottest properties before they are gone!
Have a great weekend and holiday weekend! As always, let us know if you need anything and don’t ever hesitate to contact us with any questions, requests, thoughts or needs!
Thanks again for all you do for us!
Jared Fields, Joscelyn Lee, Jc Herbert, David Ward, Brittanie Reid
Realtor, RE/MAX Results
532 East 800 North, Orem, UT 84097
Blog Archive2017-05-16 23:10:54
'Wonder Woman' Confirmed Seat Reservations List
6th Annual Easter 'Egg'stravaganza April 15th!!
6th Annual ESPN Bracket Challenge $2500 in prizes!
Easter Event (2017) Registration Confirmation
Open House, Seminar, Easter Event and more!
FREE Real Estate Seminar & Workshop!
2017 1st Quarter Current Market Analysis and Trend
THANK YOU from our Sub for Santa Families
Star Wars Rogue One Event Photos!
Sub for Santa Delivery Schedule!
Star Wars: Rogue One Client Appreciation Event!
Star Wars: Rogue One - Confirmed Seat Reservations
Appreciation Event: PHOTOS WITH SANTA!
Our SUB-4-SANTA families and fundraiser for 2016!
Upcoming Events, Market Update, new Team Member
2nd Quarter 2016 Market Analysis and Results
Seat Reservation List - Finding Dory- Updated 6/14
2016 1st Quarter Market Analysis
Seat Reservation List - 'Finding Dory'
Seat Reservation List - 'Captain America'
Winners of our 5th annual Bracket Challenge!!
Tournamnet Challenge Bracket Update 3/21
Easter Event Fundraiser for the Dunn Family
5th Annual Easter 'Egg'stravaganza Event!
Pizza and Egg Stuffing Paty
Click here to see ALL articles.